Entering into a warmer season, Spring – it’s time to start planning out what to pack for upcoming outdoor music festivals. This season play up the hottest runway trends and customize them to fit your personality at festivals. Stand out with D.I.Y. hats and bejewelled sandals or purchase them at many accessible retail locations. At NICHE…we’ve got you covered!
1. Slip-on sandals: At music festivals you will most likely be walking around the grounds a lot or constantly swaying back and forth to top music hits. It might be a good call to source out closed-toe slip-ons as we all know how it feels to get your feet squished in close quarters. Another pointer is look for comfort – yes, you will hear this again and again – fashion AND function. The last thing you want is to have sore feet and have to miss your favourite band on stage. Take the smart route and find some great sandals that keep you on your feet and not thinking about that blister that might be in the making.
Open-toe NICHE pick: Loeffler Randall Cat Embellished sandal, Hudson’s Bay, $275
Closed-toe NICHE pick: Lace-up espadrille, Forever 21, $22
2. Light-weight jacket: As warm days outdoors transition into later parts of the evening – it will come in handy having a light jacket tucked away. Try and find one that is light enough to wear around your waist or fold up into your bag if needed. Remember you want something that can keep you warm for the late night chill, but not heavy.
Moto-style NICHE pick: Factory fleece moto-jacket, American Eagle, $62
Windbreaker NICHE pick: Windbreaker, Garage Clothing, $50
3. The festival hat: With the sun beaming down on your head and face throughout the warm spring and summer days, it’s smart to pick up a hat to keep you sun safe and looking fashionable at the same time!
NICHE pick: It’s great to have a brimmed hat for maximum sun protection and this pick is perfect to get crafty with and add some 70’s inspired prints or floral appliqués inspired by this seasons runway collections.
H&M Coachella collection, $25
LOOKING for ACCESSORIES?
Check out these great festival finds!
1. Etro suede, bone and feather wrap necklace available at net-a-porter.com
2. Ocelade earrings from Aldo, $10