Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Victoria, BC on Thursday, June 23, 2016
And yes, the location is secret! If you want to know, you must attend.
Le Dîner en Blanc, a gourmet pop-up picnic held at a secret location in the city, returns to Victoria for the fourth consecutive year on Thursday, June 25, 2015.
Approximately 1,500 foodies, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts attended last year’s event at Victoria’s Ship Point, with more expected this year. Those interested in the event may register online at victoria.dinerenblanc.info/register
The event’s official hashtag is #DEBvictoria
Le Dîner en Blanc is an evening event where guests arrive – dressed head-to-toe in white – to various spots throughout the city and then travel on foot and by coach guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteer leaders to a secret location for an evening of fine food, wine and entertainment. Guests bring their own table, chairs, table setting and gourmet picnic. Those who may not have the time to pack their own gourmet picnic can once again count on celebrity chef Dan Hayes, The London Chef, who will provide three catered food options. Wine cannot be brought in with your picnic – it must be pre-ordered through the DEB Victoria page, and picked up at the event.
Highlights of the evening include the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner, the lighting of the sparklers after dark, dancing on location and an after party.
Key Rules of Dîner en Blanc
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only.
- Table setting: all white!
- The location is kept secret. Guests meet at assigned departure locations and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteers to the secret location.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, and white tablecloth. Pre-packed kits are available from Gala-Van Party Rentals.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware. Please leave the plastic at home 🙂
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier, Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide phenomenon celebrated on five continents. Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 50 cities in more than 20 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: international.dinerenblanc.info/about