While the tropical island is breathtakingly beautiful, more impressive is its mood. Bali is a feeling, a state of mind. It’s a place to let your spirit soar, to feel your vitality, and to connect with the natural splendour of the earth. Bali is saturated in ancient history, and rich culture.
On the southwest coast of Bali, not far from the idyllic Tanah Lot Temple, vacationers will find one of the island’s finest beachfront accommodations, Alila Villas Soori. The resort is located in one of Bali’s most picturesque regions, the Tabanan Regency, and offers panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Alila Villas Soori’s luxurious and contemporary Asian design flows effortlessly into the land, tumbling gracefully from the rice terraces down to the volcanic-sand beach.
THINGS TO DO
- Discover an unexplored realm of relaxation with a treatment at Spa Alila
- Indulge in authentic Indonesian food at the resort’s gourmet Cotta restaurant
- Enjoy a hands-on cooking experience over cocktails at the resort’s Ombak restaurant
- Take a refreshing dip in the 30-metre infinity pool
- Head into Abiantuwung village, where there is a famous dance school to take Balinese- style dance classes
- Play a game of golf on the Greg Norman designed course at the Nirwana Bali Golf Club
- Take a day trip to the ancient Hindu shrine Tanah Lot
- Charter a private helicopter ride to take you for an aerial view of the region
The essence of Bali flows through the resort — relaxation, rejuvenation and natural wellness. The intimate 48 villas ensure all guests a quiet and private vacation experience. Each villa has a private pool and either a view of the ocean, or of emerald rice fields and Mount Batukaru. The villas offer every blissful comfort you could imagine and have been designed to connect guests with the natural environment. Sweeping inner courtyards provide natural light and ocean breezes, and outdoor pavilions offer unimaginable tranquility. The custom interiors provide every advance in technology and luxury.
Alila Villas Soori provides the perfect, welcoming atmosphere with exceptional service, ensuring your trip to paradise is an unforgettable one.
By Chelsea Forman inside the 2014 summer issue