As women, we all have busy schedules and hectic lives, but that does not mean we want to look tired and run down when 6pm rolls around. Most of us like to look as polished as we possibly can, whether we are at work or enjoying a night on the town. The question is: how do we go from a simple daytime makeup look to an evening makeup look in less than 5 minutes?.
Guest writer and beauty expert Brittany Gray is sharing her top 6 makeup tricks for women on the go!
Well, you’re in luck! Here are my top tricks that will make you appear like you had an hour to prep for that last minute dinner date or drinks on the town with your girls after a long day at the office.
1) Re-conceal. After a long day at work, you are sure to have some smudging under your eyes or those dark circles peaking back through your morning makeup routine. Concealing under your eyes again is an instant refresher that makes you look more wide awake than you actually are.
2) Add a little black or brown eyeliner in your bottom waterline to give you a sexy, smouldering nighttime eye. This step is “date-night approved” and an absolute MUST for eyes that will surely draw some positive attention.
3) Coat the tips of your lashes with one more application of your favourite voluminous mascara. This will add extra length and a bit more drama.
4) Bring out that powder! Add a translucent pressed powder to your makeup bag so that at the end of the work day, you can get rid of any unwanted oiliness or shine. This will make you look polished, fresh and camera ready for any unexpected photo opportunities.
5) Add a pop of colour to the apples of your cheeks. After a long and sometimes draining work day, we can look a little washed out. Bringing out a beautiful pink or peach blush and applying it to the apples of your cheeks can instantly wake up the face and make you look radiant, healthy and beautiful!
6) Pump up your daytime neutral lip colour to something a little more bold and fabulous. Night time is your chance to try the bright reds, bold pinks & fabulous corals. No need to be modest with your lip color at night. Now is the time to let your inner diva come out! It’s an instant pick-me-up and will be sure to make you look ultra fab!
With the tips above, you will be nothing short of an absolute knock-out in minutes. Now, get out there and let your evening “fancy face” steal the show!
Brittany Gray is the founder of Fancy Face Inc., one of Canada’s most prestigious hair and makeup mobile beauty boutiques. Fancy Face Inc. provides exquisite service with some of the most talented and experienced artists in the industry. For more information, please visit www.fancyface.ca